Trick or Treat (mostly treats)! It’s the October Release!
This month we’re bringing you our spoookiest update yet! October’s release is primarily focused on under-the-hood updates, lurking in the shadows just out of sight (See, spooky!). Our recent releases have introduced quite a few new UI elements which take cues from your visual theme. We thought this would be a seasonally appropriate time to help you dress up your testing community by bringing you some new and improved Visual Theme-focused content!
📢 Announcements 📢
Centercode Site Costume Contest
We’re holding a Visual Theme contest to spotlight your hard work and celebrate those who take the extra step! If you’ve got a good looking site, this is a great opportunity to get your name out there in the world and maybe get a little something on the side! Alternatively, if you’re not happy with your theme, we can help (but you’ll be DQd from the contest)! Check out the Announcement below for information on how to participate.
✨ Featured Content ✨
All About Visual Themes!
Our first piece of content focuses on explaining the value of a good Visual Theme, and the influence it can have on tester enthusiasm and participation. To help get those creative juices flowing we also provide a number of example templates, a few helpful tips and tricks, and a curated collection of background images.
Getting Your Hands Dirty
Next up we have a brief (but informative!) article with step-by-step instructions on how to access the Visual Theme tools, and how to apply your themes throughout your site once they’ve been created.
The Nitty Gritty
And last, but not least, we’ve created a detailed guide explaining how each of the Custom Images and Custom Color will affect your site, each with accompanying images of some of the more prominent places you’ll see those changes.
📈 Improvements 📈
OAuth for Your POP!
We've added the ability for customers to utilize OAuth to authenticate their email accounts used in email reply integrations (a.k.a. “POP Integrations”). Once it’s enabled on the back-end, you can access this function via a button on the community level Email Template and Logs page. If you have an existing email reply integration that either uses or needs to be updated to use OAuth, let us know so we can make the necessary adjustments.
🐞 Bug Fixes 🐞
Centercode Mobile App
- Fixed an issue that prevented Android users from re-opening the app if it was shut down during a file download
Data Engine & Custom Reports
- Data engine and reporting on All Reply Text no longer includes user email address
Performance & Tuning
- Resolved an issue that could cause file uploads to fail when more than one file was being uploaded at once
- Fixed an issue that would cause uploads for background images added during initial Opportunity creation to fail
- Adjustments made to prevent timeout error when exporting large numbers of files from Feedback Forms
- Improved Ted Performance Dashboard performance under heavy load
User Interface & Experience
- Addressed issue preventing Legacy User Forums links from appearing for certain user roles in the navigation bar menu
- Fixed issue causing surveys set as notices for one team to be hidden from the activities menu for all teams
- Site color picker widget no longer requires a click-plus-drag to modify the color (a simple click will do)