Beat the Heat With Some Cool New Improvements in Centercode's August Release!
Hope you're all staying cool out there! In the latest patch we're focusing on improving a few aspects of Centercode based on feedback from you! In addition to these user requested improvements, throughout the month, we've continually deployed several bug fixes which we've also listed below.
📈 Improvements 📈
Infoboxes Reworked and Refreshed!
We're listening to your feedback, and we've heard that our inline help system wasn't presenting valuable information about the platform in a way that was easy to find or aesthetically pleasing. We're always striving to modernize and declutter our interface, and we want to ensure that information you need to know is presented to you front and center. To this end we've removed the current inline help system, and we are proud to present our reworked and revamped infoboxes!
These new infoboxes are present all throughout the platform with color coded page header and inline variants, and display important information clearly and concisely. We believe the platform should do a better job presenting you the right information at the right time, and this is a big first step towards that goal! In future releases, we'll continue enriching the availability and content of these infoboxes to provide the most complete platform experience.
Giving Our Data Table Column Headers Room to Breathe!
A major pain point brought to us by many users was column headers in reports, User Management, and Feedback Management truncating themselves with an "...", sometimes making them difficult to understand or entirely unusable. We heard you! Our column headers now have a minimum width, smaller font, word wrapping, and no truncation. In addition, the color palette has been adjusted to include cooler greys, more accurate yellows, and to reflect your community theme link color for links.
New CDE Items Grant Insight into Mobile App Usage!
Another improvement, by popular request, is more insight into how customers are accessing and using your testing site. To facilitate this, we've added a few new CDE (Centercode Data Engine) items allowing you to see if, when, and how often customers are accessing your site via the mobile app.
Additionally, we’ve added a Feedback Type data point that tracks the submission source of a piece of feedback (via the mobile app, desktop site, API, etc.) Using this within a view will allow you to display through which of these avenues a given piece of feedback was submitted. Using it within a filter will allow you to narrow down your list of feedback based on source, for example only showing Feedback items that were submitted via an external API integration if you want to see how many customers are submitting feedback via your app. It might also prove useful diagnosing customer issues in support tickets, as you'll be able to determine the exact avenue through which they are accessing your Centercode implementation!
(Note: Mobile app and Feedback submission source data will not be backfilled when your site is updated. Mobile app data and Feedback submission source data can only be collected and displayed based on activity going forward.)
🐞 Bug Fixes 🐞
Centercode Mobile App
- A voting button has been added to the Feedback view drop-down within the app
- A potential crash scenario within the app was identified and resolved
- Feedback Type Management chess icons properly save when selecting them
- Professional edition will no longer encounter an error when utilizing Regression Features in an active Project Phase
- Project Summary page load times have been improved
User Interface & Experience
- Features will show the correct chess icons according the team access blocks
- Clicking a column header (to adjust sorting order) within a User or Feedback Advanced View will no longer reset the filter and view to the default
- When an implementation is at the license limit, users will be directed properly to opportunity unavailable message
- Fixed an issue encountered when uploading files that have special characters in the name
- Corrected some User Role configurations for customers utilizing Legacy User Roles
- Corrected a condition under the Professional license where Enable Account Creation was not applying
- Content in mixed states of availability within a single content type will now properly load on the respective Community or Project menus